Monday, January 24, 2005

I made butternut squash risotto from A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen last week and I loved it (you can roast up some butternut squash and serve it in any form and I will love it) but my husband, despite the fact that he had previously approved the menu, seemed mystified by its presence as an entree. He also felt the texture was like oatmeal. He did, however, eat two servings, so there you go.

However, he decided to suggest the next night's meal (perhaps in fear that I was going to serve him a side of green beans and call it a day? What's next, after I make an entree of risotto??).

His suggestion? Chicken wings.

I made them according to the super-easy recipe in Party Receipts from the Charleston Junior League (which is, incidentally, the only cookbook you need to throw a party). Marinate in brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder, then bake in the marinade for 20 minutes, and then broil on each side for 5 minutes. With beer and a viewing of Napoleon Dynamite, it was a pretty good meal.

Last night I made pizza quatro staggione. Pictures to follow, but I am not sure I'm crazy about rolling out strips of dough to divide the pizza. Maybe my strips weren't thin enough. It was definitely not my prettiest pizza.

0 comments: