Friday, June 09, 2006

Orange Roughy with Scallion-Ginger (and soy-vermouth) sauce from the SBD book.

Jeff said, "This fish... has... a lot of flavors?" It does. The vermouth was, even after being mixed with soy and ginger and cooked, way too strong tasting for certain people in our household. It was edible, but I prefer a more viscous sauce- as you can see, this sauce just ran everywhere.

The eggplant, though, was a success. I tried to replicate the eggplant at Buddha's Belly and even though I did not have any miso handy, I wound up doing this: Cube some eggplant. Heat a good amount of olive oil. Saute, stirring often, for about ten minutes. As the eggplant starts to release some oil, add splashes of soy sauce and mirin (is that SBD- okay? I guess I do not care.) and keep stirring occasionally until tender. It was so good.


0 comments: