Tuesday, March 20, 2007


Salad, originally uploaded by hannahcooks.

Sometimes a salad is really nothing more than an excuse to eat most of an avocado. Which is probably fine. (Being pregnant is also a good excuse to eat most of an avocado, so I am two for two there.)

But with the avocado, you can sneak in a very grainy-mustardy-vinaigrette and some garlic cheddar, and then call it Good Fats Salad, I guess. The baby spinach and baby arugula somewhat make up for the super-fats in the avocado and cheese and olive oil, but this is still probably the lightest feeling high calorie meal one could ever make.

2 comments:

Deborah Dowd said...

This looks so-o-o-o good. I'm glad you don't have to be pregnant to eat it!

Almost Vegetarian said...

High fats, but good fats, so that's okay. as long as this is not your daily salad, you can get away with it. At least, that's what I plan to tell myself when I make it (it does look yummy, doesn't it). Cheers!