Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Roast chicken and onion frittata

The nice thing about roasting one chicken for two people is there are always leftovers. I usually make baked chimichangas with them- in fact, Jeff often requests "roast chicken so we can have chimichangas." However, we also had leftover caramelized onions and fresh eggs, so I made a frittata instead. If you had leftover roast potatoes from your Sunday chicken dinner you could also toss those in the frittata, but I have never encountered a leftover roast potato.

Bonus to the frittata is that its leftovers made my lunch for the next two days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of cheese did you go with, if any?

Hannah said...

Parmesan, and plenty of it. I thought about adding some mozzarella as we also have some of that on hand but figured that would be overkill.

Maria Hayward said...

I never have leftover roast chicken to do fun things with. My husband has been known to put the entire carcass on his dinner plate after I take my share.