Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm trying to update this a bit more often. I'm also trying to not save so many old magazines, so each month when I'm done with one I save all the recipes that were any good and toss the rest.  So here's what I'm saving (and what I'm not) from the current Cooking Light.

Keepers:

Dijon Croque Monsieur.  I only made this to use up some leftover Christmas ham, and it's not like Croque Monsieur is a new recipe for us, but the haricots vert salad that went with it made it. I made the full amount of the haricots and snacked on the leftovers the whole next day.

Grownup Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I love grillled cheese in any form, and have a whole book on the subject which I refer to often, but can always use a lighter version. More spinach is always a plus.

Jalapeno, Sausage, Jack and Egg Breakfast Braid. I used regular pizza dough for this but otherwise pretty much followed the recipe. It was super easy and I'm already thinking of variations.

Chipotle Bean Burritos.  I don't even normally like bean burritos but these were awesome.

Rosti Casserole with Baked Eggs. This was the best recipe of the whole issue, I think.  Serve with tons of hot sauce.

Made, but skipped clipping:

Beef and Pinto Bean Chili. Good, but not any better than any other chili recipe I've got.

Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers. Forgot I even made this until I was going back through the magazine.

Clipped even though I haven't actually made it yet breaking my rule already:

Chocolate Cherry Heart Smart Cookies.



1 comments:

Andy said...

nice.by Andy and FSN