Thursday, February 18, 2010

I got voluntold to do the newsletter for my MOMS club and was stumped as to what I should put in it. So I just grabbed a favorite recipe- Nigella's breakfast bars- and ran it with my comments (I never use coconut because I hate it, and I love this because you can make a big batch and have breakfast for a week, and unlike storebought granola bars there's not a ton of cane syrup or high fructose corn syrup. And it takes about two seconds.) And y'all, you'd think I'd published some state secrets or something. The moms went bananas over it. I keep getting emails and calls- "More recipes, please!"  One mom told me that she made them and then tore her old granola bar recipe up. "I just TORE IT RIGHT UP!" 

So you should make those. People are enthusiastic about them.

And for a sneak preview, next month's newsletter recipe by popular demand will be these muffins- I made them with sweet potato for yesterday's playgroup and they were a huge hit with kids and moms. (And, the mashing of the sweet potato could not have been easier- I quartered it and roasted it the night before, all prepared to get out my food processor, but when it was cool enough to handle the peel just slid off and it mashed with a fork.)

11 comments:

Jana said...

Ha. Voluntold. It is the worst.

Anonymous said...

I made the breakfast bars last night, yummy! I did use the coconut, but I substituted 1/2 cup dark chocolate for the peanuts, P has not had peanuts yet. These were super easy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I made the breakfast bars last night, yummy! I did use the coconut, but I substituted 1/2 cup dark chocolate for the peanuts, P has not had peanuts yet. These were super easy. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So do not know why that posted 3 times.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm Pághanni Brad, I live in Brazil and not figured out your language very well. No, however, found very interesting your blog. I would like you to visit the mine too. This is a blog that talks about the world's diversity, such as culture, religion, sex, sights, among many other subjects.
I hope your comment!
Thanks.
Hugs.
www.indoverso.blogspot.com

hilda dada said...

Good ideas! I like the way you express your idea and the topic you choose. KEep on your sharing! I appreciate it. l-arginine dosage

tiaolou004 said...

The detail leaves making gracefully to be finer Monster

Headphones
!

Red, bare color wedgies, looked at as if your spirited lift-off far! Such detailing, the small fashionable plans, how can Daren miss! The bare color, thick waterproof Taiwan,

will again certainly not complain the uncomfortable high-heeled Cheap Polo

Shirts For Men
!

With is thickly this season tidal current element, the matching tootsy trousers obviously fashionable feeling! US New York Times the report pointed out that body weight

exceeding the allowed figure, diabetes, the heredity, the foot are not exposed to light, walk are too few Cheap Ralph Lauren, the flat feet or Gao Gongzu, the high-heeled shoes and so on, can also initiate the foot to hurt. The American

Monster Beats Medical society's investigation showed that 53%

people contract the very serious foot to hurt sickness. Therefore, the US "Moncler

Jackets
" the news net on October 21 carries the article, lists alleviation foot pain 4 movements which Los Angeles Cheap Polo Shirts movement expert Dr. Kety primary

graceful summarizes Monster Beats Studio.

Susan said...

Just happened upon your blog. I had to comment because I think Voluntold is a GREAT word. Thanks, I will be using it.

Anonymous said...

Okay it is alright.

Path said...

I am absolutely loving your gorgeous blog!I love this blog.Thanks for sharing.