Friday, July 25, 2003

Yesterday we closed the office early to go to the Dodgers game. It was easily the most boring baseball game in the history of the universe, but I got a Dodger Dog and was home by 3, so who am I to complain?

It left me too tired to cook, though, so I picked up some mini-baguettes at TJ's and made a sandwich for dinner with leftover homemade herb mayonnaise and some leftover Serrano ham. It was perfect- so perfect that Jeff ditched his plan to use leftover fajitas o make a quesadilla and fixed himself the same thing. Sometimes simple is better.

Also, I realize it's been a long time since I've included any recipes here, so here is a drink recipe from Stop and Smell the Rosemary. I made it this weekend as our accompanying Sex and The City beverage as well as our use-up-the-insane-amounts-of-mint beverage. My mint plant is going berserk. I increased the gin (of course) and decreased the mint, since too much blended mint makes it very, uh, grassy to drink.

Gin Breeze

Note for beverage and/or Junior League Cookbook Historians. The earlier HJL cookbook I have has this same drink, minus the triple sec, and calls it a Mint Crush. Make of that what you will.

1 can frozen limeade
6 oz. gin
2 oz. triple sec
1/8 cup fresh mint
ice to fill the blender (the recipe calls for crushed ice, but if your blender is ice-crush-capable, you can use whole cubes)

Pour all the ingredients into your blender. Blend. Makes 4 drinks.

If you put the drinks in the freezer for a bit, too, they get even more frozen, which I like, but you may prefer a more liquid drink.

0 comments: