Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I forgot to mention that Sunday was my very favorite Farmer's Market Day of the year.

What day is that, you may ask? Well, it's the Used Cookbook Sale. Last year I got a crazy ridiculous haul of paperbacks. This year, I was all about the $2 hardbacks. Some woman grabbed a copy of The New York Times Cookbook right out from under me. But I did get the first volume of Craig Claiborne's Favorites (to go with the second volume I bought last year), Booty Food (which is kind of sillily written and recommends Knorr Hollandaise in a packet, for pete's sake. But my husband liked the title, so there you go), Lone Star Legacy (which appears to be a fine publication of the Austin Junior Forum), and, saving the best for last...

The Watergate Cookbook. Y'all, there is a Watergate Cookbook. Can you think of any publication better suited to me personally? Can you?? You can't.

0 comments: