Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Butternut squash galette


Butternut squash galette, originally uploaded by hannahcooks.

Jeff tolerates tarts, but barely. I love tarts, which means Jeff endures a tart every few weeks. This tart had roasted butternut squash and barely mashed roasted garlic cloves along with sage and onion, and Jeff ate half of it. It was rich and wintry, and once you split and seed the squash, very simple.

Nathan loved the leftovers, too, which is more than I can say about the broccoli puree. He hated that, and when I made the leftovers into a frittatta for lunch he hated me even more, because he kept begging for some. I'd give it to him, and he'd put it in his mouth all excited (he LOVES eggs) and then spit it out in horror. Then he'd put it back in his mouth again. Poor broccoli loathing baby.

0 comments: