Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I went to the campus bookstore today to take advantage of their one day sale. They did not have the day planner I want for next year, but they did have From Julia Child's Kitchen. Hardcover. $10. Envy me. It's gorgeous and makes me question yet again why The French Chef hasn't come out on DVD. I didn't even know there was a second, color series.

I also forgot to include my Thanksgiving lessons. Which were:

-what serves 4 may be plenty to serve 6 when part of a huge feast. When it's the only side dish, sure, it'll only serve 4. When it's part of a many dish meal? If you double it? You'll have way more than 2 servings of leftovers. This may or may not be a bad thing.

-That said, you can't make too many sweet potato fries.

- The best part of Thanksgiving is someone else doing the dishes.

- The second best part is Friday's meals: pecan pie for breakfast, a ton of stuffing for lunch, and pecan pie for dinner.

0 comments: