Monday, March 15, 2004

Also, I made bread. Christopher Kimball's Cook's Bible whole wheat sandwich bread. It was an incredibly dry dough- not shaggy or sticky at all- and I had my doubts about it. But it was the most traditional sandwich bread-y bread I've ever made, and it was delicious. Sandwiches all week!

And my thegoodcook.com order arrived. I spend an afternoon hunkered down in a chair with my new books. Molly, where should I begin with The Slow Mediterranean Kitchen.? It all looks good and I don't know where to start.

Bistro Cooking At Home is just as great looking as it has been every time I've picked it up in a bookstore. I can't wait to dig in to that one. And I am loving Glorious French Food. I spent thirty minutes driving Jeff crazy, reading the pronunciation guide. America's Best Chefs Cook With Jeremiah Tower looks good, too. I'm definitely going to try the mac and cheese and the chocolate bourbon pecan pie, as well as the chicken saltimbocca. It's very Jeremiah Tower centric- it will be a recipe from one of "America's Best Chefs", followed by a JT recipe. Considering there are 8 or 9 ABCs, this makes for a lot of JT.

0 comments: