Thursday, March 18, 2004

Last night, the week of Cooking Light carried on with cornflake crusted halibut served with lime-cilantro "aioli." Cornflake crusted anything sounds a bit too Planet Hollywood for me, but Jeff loves any variation on fish and chips. So cornflake crusted halibut with potato spears was right up his alley.

As it turns out, it was right up my alley, too. I think I would have liked it just as much had it been panko instead of cornflakes, but regardless. A thirty minute meal in which you spend half of that time just roasting potatoes in the oven and reading the paper is great for a Wednesday night. Naturally, I used my own homemade mayonnaise to make the aioli, and pretended not to see where they suggested picking up precut potato wedges to save time.

Again, I have to say, Cooking Light done brought it this month.

0 comments: