Thursday, June 10, 2004

Last night I made the macaroni and cheese florentine from the current Cooking Light.

Cooking Light always has you do things like saute onions in cooking spray, which I just refuse to do. I use a teeny bit of butter instead. Anyway, then you add some spinach and some nutmeg and some garlic and lemon juice, and then, they want you to whisk some flour into some milk and add that, but I added the flour first and cooked it a little and THEN added the milk. Then you add cheese til it melts, then cooked macaroni, and then put it in a casserole, sprinkle with breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter, and broil.

It was not the greatest macaroni and cheese ever, but it was pretty good. It was super quick, too, which was a plus.

Also, I need a new lunch idea. If anyone has any favorite (pack and bring to work) lunches, please let me know. Thanks!

0 comments: