Monday, July 18, 2005

I have had A New Way to Cook so long that I think I have taken it a little bit for granted, so this weekend I sorted through some recipes I had always wanted to try, and Dear Internet, the Chopped Salad from the '21' Club may be the best way to eat raw vegetables known to MANKIND. Tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, celery, onion, and bell pepper, chopped up and served tossed with a very very good chopped up cheddar cheese and a I-can't-believe-it's-mock-russian-dressing? Heaven on earth.

We had it Friday with steak and again last night with turkey burgers. I could eat it every day, I think. And while it is a bit of chopping, it is also quite fun if you have a nice set of knives.

I should also mention the sage, onion, and apple turkey burgers, because they were a good excuse to use some of the scads of sage I have growing like wild (also, my epazote is the size of my dog- anyone want some epazote?) and because they beat the pants off my standard turkey burgers (ground turkey with obscene amounts of Worcestershire) in terms of moistness and flavor.

0 comments: